Friday, December 6, 2013

Say What!!!! I did it again...

OK this is fun looking for the right French Meringue technique for French Macaron. But I guess I found one…. here it is.. French Macaron Helen Dujardin Recipe
 I just copied and paste it here:

Basic MacaronsMakes approximately 25 – 30
Ingredients
  • 100 grams aged egg whites (approximately 3)
  • 50 grams sugar
  • 200 grams powdered sugar (icing sugar)
  • 110 grams ground almonds
  1. In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the egg whites until foamy.  Gradually add the 50 grams of sugar and continue to whisk until you obtain a glossy meringue
  2. Combine the ground almonds and powdered sugar in a food processor and give them quick pulses.  You want a super fine result.   Have a sifter ready on top of another bowl, and sift the mixture.  I usually repeat the process 2-3 times in total
  3. Add the ground almond mix to the egg whites and begin your macaronage.  Start with quick strokes (folds) to break up the meringue a bit, and then slow down.  You should not fold more than 50 times.  This is where I made mistakes with my first two batches.  The first time, I folded too long, the second time, I didn’t fold enough
  4. Fill a pastry bag with a round tip and pipe small rounds about 1.5” in diameter, onto 2 parchment lined baking sheets (or use Silpat).  I don’t have a steady hand, so my “Sous Chef” drew circles from a template onto parchment paper for me
  5. After the macarons are piped, take the sheets with both hands and wrap them hard on a counter to release any air bubbles, being careful not to disturb the perfect round circles you just piped.  Leave on your counter for 1 hour to form a hard skin
  6. Preheat oven 300°F and bake 10-15 minutes, rotating halfway through, top to bottom and inside to outside.  Keep a close eye.  If you can grab the top of the shell and they don’t jiggle, they’re ready.  If they still move when you grab them, they need a bit more time (minute or two)
  7. Let cool completely before filling

No comments:

Post a Comment